Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stuff

~ My friend Robin brought us dinner yesterday. She enjoys cooking (can you imagine??) and is very good at it. Guess what she brought us. A complete turkey dinner, made from scratch, in her own kitchen. The most flavorful, moist turkey I think I've ever had, plus all the trimmings: homemade stuffing (inside the bird), baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, veggies, gravy, and even an apple pie. Made from scratch. I still can't get over it.

~ Last night after the kiddies were all in bed, Michael and I sat outside in our adirondack chairs, he with a beer, and me with a cocktail (he's no longer taking pain meds, although he's still got pain). I think we are both craving some normalcy, and this hit the spot.

~ Annabelle spent this morning throwing up. Hmmm. Can't quite figure it out. No fever. I have to say, she's very sweet and docile when she's not feeling well.

~ Joey insisted on helping Lilah get dressed this morning. Like a little mother hen. Her shirt is on backwards, but at least her clothes match ;)

~ I am going to get my nails done and a pedicure this afternoon. And I am not going to feel guilty. Much.

2 comments:

Molly said...

I'd say don't feel guilty, but I am the queen of guilt! so enjoy the mani pedi! you deserve an entire spa day after this week! lol

Carla said...

Yay for normalcy...and no guilt!!!