Monday, June 22, 2009

Home

Michael is home. It was a long day, waiting for his doctor to write up his discharge order, which didn't come in until after 4:00 this afternoon. I picked him up a little after 6, we got home around 6:30 and the kids were all, of course, very happy to have Daddy home. He was in bed by 7:30, poor guy.

I don't have a whole lot to say. I'm feeling pretty emotional, and I don't even know where my emotions stand exactly. I'm glad he's home, but it's like I don't really have him back, if that makes sense. He's got a long road of recovery ahead of him, and there is a lot to adjust to.

As the saying goes, we'll just take it one day at a time.

8 comments:

Carla said...

I hope you had a good night with him home. Hugs.

Carla said...

P.S. Forgot to add that I'm sure he'll heal faster with his family love around him. You can do this, Lisa, I know you can!

Sharon said...

I am thinking of you. Cancer sucks and I am sorry that you (or anyone) has to go through this. Sending strength and good thoughts your way.

Molly said...

hang in there. and like you said. One day at a time!

Jeanette said...

I heard someone recently say "One breathe at a time". Hang in there. I am glad that M is home. I am praying for his recovery and your strength and peace.

Anonymous said...

Very glad to hear he is home. He will begin to feel so much better being at home than in the hospital.

Jen said...

Such great news! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other...

Taryl said...

Hopefully things will normalize soon. A long recovery it may be, but at least it will be with him surrounded by the most precious people in his life :)