Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Conversation with Joey this morning

Over breakfast:

Joey [looking disturbed/squeamish/alarmed]: So, Mom, did you get to see Dad's surgery?

Me: Noooooo. But I got to see him after his surgery last night.

Joey: When can I see him?

Me: I don't know, honey. Dad doesn't feel too well right now, so we have to let him rest in the hospital.

Joey: But you get to go see him every day?

Me: Yes, he's my husband!

Joey: Lucky . . . I wish I was you.

Gotta love the mind of a 6-year-old.

Michael called me from his hospital room this morning. He's clearly in a lot of pain, but coherent. He didn't remember having called me from the OR right before his surgery, and he said he barely remembers me being with him in recovery last night. I was just so good to hear him talking.

I'm off to the hospital, but will update later. Thank you so much, to everyone, from the bottom of my heart, for all the well wishes.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome!, that’s the least we can do for you.

Thank YOU for the updates, I’m glad to hear Michael is doing okay. Joey is so cute :)

You are doing it Lisa, you are all getting through this
one second at a time …

Sending many more well wishes your way :)

JN

Unknown said...

Joey is so Joey! I just love him. You are getting through this and doing a great job getting your kids through it too. I am proud to call you my friend!

Tricia said...

I love that little Joey! I just know I Would want to eat him up if (when) I meet him one day! :)

Glad to hear M is able to talk and whatnot. Now, to manage the pain. Hope he is more comfortable even as I type this.

Jen said...

Glad to hear everything went smoothly with Michael's surgery...sorry I'm just now reading all of this. I know you all are so glad to have at least that bit of it behind you, and now Michael can focus on healing and, well, kicking cancer's ass.

Take some time for you too, Lisa...you've had a rough few days. Be kind to yourself.

Tara said...

Wish I could be there for you. I'd take care of Finn (heck, I'd even nurse him for you, if it'd make your life easier...ok, did that give you the "ewww" response it did me?) and your other kids, if I could. But, all I can do from the confines of Indiana is pray. Please know that I'm doing that for you.