Thursday, June 18, 2009

Glum

So far this morning:

~ The three girls had a screaming cat fight over new toothbrushes.
~ They followed this up with an apparent contest to see who could slam the playroom door the loudest and the most times.
~ Breakfast was a relentless barage of knock-knock jokes, which my nerves just can't take right now.

This was all before 7 a.m.

Yup, this is me, complaining some more.

Michael called me this morning but is still talking in complete nonsense. Even when he's saying things like, "I left both gates open," and "They gave me the 818 sedative," he sounds so serious that it takes a second to realize he doesn't even know what he's saying. He said he thinks some friends came to visit him last night, but he's not sure (I kind of think not). It's hard to know what to take seriously and what to disregard. And it's hard to see/hear him like this. I just want Michael back.

This, too, shall pass . . . this, too, shall pass.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it will pass!!! The first 48 hours after surgery are always the hardest!!! Hang in there...the old Michael will be back before you know!! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say. I keep you in my thoughts all the time. I hope the pain and the exhaustion pass soon and easier days are on their way fast, for Michael and for you all.
I am sorry that I'm rambling, I wish I could be there for you in person, helping.
Love. Asha.

Keri said...

One day, you'll laugh at all the crazy stuff Michael said while drugged up, but it is so scary when you're going through it! I hope that Michael heals fast and is back to himself quickly. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Molly said...

This is not complaining! It's your way of coping, which is to share what you are going through!! "complain" away my dear!!

Carla said...

Okay, those little ones absolutely require the patience of a saint and none of us are saints! Hang in there. I would be so bewildered and tied up in knots about those phone convos w/M, but others are right, the first 48 hours after major surgery are the hardest. Hugs.

Maureen said...

I feel for you. I don't really know what to say either. I just hope everything gets better for your family soon. It's obviously incredibly painful to see someone you love so much in such a vulnerable state.

Anonymous said...

May a healthier and stronger Michael come back to her wife Lisa and their children very, very soon, please ...

JN

Anonymous said...

Sorry!. Revised version below :)

May a healthier and stronger Michael come back to HIS wife Lisa and their children very, very soon, please ...

JN

Lisa said...

When my father-in-law was on massive pain meds after surgery to remove cancer from his abdomen (melanoma that had metastasized), I came in one day to find him having a sponge bath with a really cute nurse...he was singing Zippety Doo Dah, which was really odd...and really funny. He also commented more than once that my lipstick was too bright, but that he loved me anyway :).

Minute by minute, hour by hour at this point. Don't be too hard on yourself. If the kids eat leftover pizza for lunch and dinner every day this week, they will still be fine! Be kind to yourself. Before long, this surgery and hospital stay will be behind you.

Thinking of you daily and sending good vibes...