Thursday, January 22, 2009

Joey for President

Joey has been so intrigued by the inauguration of Barack Obama (his class got to watch the whole thing at school). He announced at dinner a couple nights ago that he has decided he is going to be President of the United States when he grows up (a couple months ago he was set on becoming an auto mechanic when he grew up - because he likes the uniforms they wear . . . seriously; then he moved on to wanting to be a scientist). That night after his shower, I found him practicing his inauguration speech, naked, in front of the full length mirror in his bathroom. I kid you not. He also began writing out his inauguration speech:

I, Joseph M., and now that I am president for the next 4 years, we shall make the Unidet States of Amairica a better country. Parents take good care of your children. Lawyers make fair laws. Teachers, teach good. Princiballs, be good school owners. We must also be healthy. Tonight you should try to dream that junk dosen't even exist. Also, never take drugs that are bad. Bad emergencys like fires, you need to know these rules.
1. never go outside when the air is bad.
2. never go near a fire.
3. never touch a real in danger fire.
If bad guys ever-

And that's as far as he got. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to see what comes next.

2 comments:

Carla said...

OMG! Keep that and when he does actually become president you can publish it in your memoir titled "I Knew My Son Would Be President Someday".

Jodi said...

I LOVE this story. YEA Joey.