Saturday, January 10, 2009

Back in Dance

After a hiatus of a couple of months, Daisy and Annabelle started back up in dance this morning. It's a ballet/tap combo class and they had a lot of fun! I am living vicariously, as I missed out on stuff like this when I was a little girl.











Now we have to make a decision in the next couple of weeks as to whether they should participate in the big June recital. From all the paperwork I got today, it appears that it's a pretty big deal. I'm honestly not sure if they are up for something like that, though. I don't want to invest all the time and money into costumes and rehearsals only to have them refuse to participate in front of what's sure to be a large audience. We shall see. In the meantime, they're taking the classes which seem to be plenty of fun for them :)




2 comments:

Kristin said...

You are not helping my HUGE desire to have a little girl with posts like this. Can I live vicariously through you?

Keri said...

I grew up dancing. I was in my first dance class when I was 2 years old. By the time I was 10, I was helping out at classes for girls Daisy and Annabelle's age to offset the cost of my own lessons.
Daisy and Annabelle are at that in-between age where they will either love performing and have a ball or they will stand on the stage and cry (if they even go out on the stage!). If they don't like to perform their dance moves for friends and family, then they won't like performing for a large audience. If they do like to perform, then get a video of last year's recital (preferably one with a shot of the crowd) so that they can at least see what its like. You'll be able to tell by their reaction whether they are even interested.

Hope this helps!