Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Charmed Life

There is this feeling I carry around almost constantly that my life is too good. Too good to last. Yeah, I know I get on here and complain and bitch about things. But all in all, the honest truth is that the last few years have been the happiest and most fulfilling time of my life. I spent my whole life being unhappy, feeling unloved, feeling like happiness was a myth, until the last few years. I'm in such a good place now. I have the life I always dreamed of having . . . a strong, loving marriage, a houseful of kids, a nice place to live.

I'm scared, though, that it's too good. I'm scared that something really, really bad is going to happen to make it all go away.

2 comments:

Brandie said...

I remember feeling like I was waiting for the other shoe to drop... but I don't remember when it went away. ((Hugs))

Cheryl said...

I feel that way,too.I think it must come from growing up in an unhappy family and just being afraid the happiness now might end.

It seems we have a few things in common.I also had an alcoholic Father.
I wish he had taken better care of himself so he could be here to enjoy his grandchildren.