Thursday, December 4, 2008

What a scene

While Finn was having physical therapy this morning, the three girls were playing out in the backyard. Suddenly Annabelle comes in, crying and just generally freaking out. I could tell by the way she was walking that she had had an accident in her pants. So I get up from the living room floor, leaving Finn with the PT and take Annabelle into the bathroom to clean her up. Now she starts crying "No Mommy! It hurts! No!" (I wasn't doing anything to her except trying to get her wet pants off.) And on and on. Great. How must this look to the therapist who, I'm sure, can hear every word? I finally get her undressed from the waist down and tell her to lean over the tub so I can clean her bottom. Bending down, she smacks her nose on the edge of the tub and starts really screaming bloody murder! And there was a little blood coming from her nose. Holy crap. Now it not only sounds like I'm beating the daylights out of her, it looks like it too.

It's days like this that confirm for me that motherhood was the perfect career choice for me :/

No comments: