Monday, December 22, 2008

Recap

Real quick because it's 11:30 and I just finished wrapping all the kids' xmas gifts and I'm pooped, but wanted to document a couple things for posterity:

~ Lilah wore panties all day today. She had 2 pee accidents and 1 poop accident, which is way better than I expected. All accidents took place before noon. I set the kitchen timer and had her sit on the potty every 20 minutes and she was very cooperative about it. Unlike the other kids, I am skipping the little potty chair and putting her right onto the big potty, and she's fine with it. Only problem is that it's hard to tell if she's actually peed into the big potty because of the water in the bowl (i.e., you can't see the pee). However, I have to assume that she did pee in the potty since she only had 2 pee accidents and they were both this morning. I put her in a diaper for her nap and she woke up dry. She is thrilled to be wearing big girl panties! It's so funny to watch her pulling them down and up - I swear, my chubby little girl's big butt gets in the way!

I am attempting potty training with Lilah much earlier than I did any of my other kids. The others were all past 3, and aside from Kevin, they were nightmares to potty train. At 2, Lilah seems interested and motivated, so I'm thinking this is my window of opportunity. Stay tuned.

~ Kevin acted as babysitter for the first time today. Lilah was napping and I left him home with the girls and Joey while I ran to Costco (I took Finn along). I was gone for an hour and I left explicit instructions about allowed activities. Kevin is very responsible, so I really felt okay about it. He'll be 12 in a couple of weeks. Does this make me a bad mom? Seriously, him being able to watch the younger kids for short periods like that is going to change my life.

G'night.

3 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

yay for big girl panties & few accidents. wtg lilah!

and i know it's different for boys, but i was 11 when i watched my neighbor's kid for about an hour or so at a time. he's a good big brother...you're a great mom!

Jodi said...

I was 11-12 babysitting babies and toddlers and that was without cell phones. I think Kevin's totally ready to watch the kids

Keri said...

I took care of my brothers when I was 9. My brothers were 6 years of age and 1 month of age at the time. My grandparents were 2 doors away, but Grandpa had just had a major heart attack and Grandma was afraid to leave him.

Just make sure Kevin knows whom to call in case of emergency and he'll be fine!