Sunday, December 21, 2008

Angry and Bitter

That's how I'm feeling about a certain someone right now. Someone who used to be a huge part of my life and an important part of my kids' lives, but who chose - that's right, chose - to no longer be a part of (most of) my kids' lives about a year or so ago. Someone who volunteered to take on a special role with my kids, and then just when Joey got attached and began having expectations that normally and understandably go along with the role she volunteered for, decided the role was too much for her, c'est la vie, thank you very much. She's caused so much hurt in my family and this weekend it was all brought right back to the surface once again.


But I'm going to be a bigger person and not drag her through the mud (like how I did that?).


Instead, I'll comment on what a nice time Michael and I had last night. We had a "date night" and went to one of our favorite restaurants and enjoyed good food, good drink, and good conversation.

The restaurant is up on a hill overlooking the city. Not the best photo, as it was taken on my phone, but you get the idea:

1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

gorgeous view. what's the yummy looking pink drink?