Thursday, December 18, 2008

What I want to know is . . .

. . . exactly how much hair can a person lose before they are considered "balding?" Seriously. Well, sort of seriously. I am still in the throes of postpartum hair loss which set in about 3 months after Finn was born, and it is unbelievable the amount of hair that has come out of my head over the last almost 3 months. Every time I wash my hair and subsequently unclog the shower drain and then comb through my hair and pull gobs and gobs of hair out, I wonder how much longer this can go on. Well, many more months if this time is like the last few rounds of PP hair loss I've suffered through. I keep telling myself that I never went bald the other times I've been through this. But still. In all seriousness, I bet I've lost 1/3 of my hair volume over the last 3 months, no kidding. It's crazy.

4 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

ugh. i hear ya on this. i thought cutting mine would help...no such luck! i find it everywhere...even in sydney's mouth sometimes...yuck!

Cheryl said...

Oh,man,Lisa! Me,too!. I keep hoping that it wont be worse this time since I'm older:) I'm getting a thin patch near my bangs.

Rebecca said...

I lost so much hair postpartum. It was scary sometimes, but it always came back, thank heavens. Good thing I almost always wear hats.

Anonymous said...

OMG, you poor thing. That sucks! I wonder if one's hair thickens during pregnancy. On a lighter note, would you like a consult at my company? J/K......!