Monday, December 15, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring . . .

. . . and I'm home with sick kids, again. Blah. Saturday nobody even got out of their jammies. By Sunday, it was clear that Lilah and Annabelle still had colds, but the worst seemed to have passed, so we took the kids to a much needed outing at the park (actually, I dropped Michael and the kids off at the park while I ran some errands), which was good, as everyone was getting a little nutty with cabin fever. Then yesterday evening Joey developed a fever, which he still has this morning so I kept him home from school (which reduced him to tears - he LOVES school and wishes it was a 7-day a week arrangement). Daisy was again running to the bathroom every 10 minutes, so I kept her home as well. And since she and Annabelle are a package deal at this point, Annabelle is home too.

And it's raining. A lot. It started sometime shortly after I went to bed last night and hasn't let up. We need it, that's for sure. I guess it's as good a time as any for the kids to be home sick - at least we don't have to be out and running around in the rain. I'm generally not a big fan of rainy weather - it tends to get me down. But today it feels nice to be cozy in our warm house while the rain pounds away outside. I think I'll make some hot cocoa for the kids and maybe we'll make some sugar cookies later.

2 comments:

Momza said...

It's raining where you are...it's minus 25 where I am! Hot cocoa is the right answer to both of our worlds! Hang in there! Maybe the kids could write letters to Santa today? Or for those who can't write, let them draw/color their "wishlist" or a letter to a granma/pa? Just remember: "this too shall pass"...and it does! Hang in there!

Leigh Anne said...

hope the little ones feel better soon.

it's raining here too...ick. last week it was snow haha.

oh, and cabin fever...i haven't been out of the house in a week! I'm too afraid of getting more germs into the house, lol.