Monday, April 13, 2009

Q and A, Take 9

Anna (whom I can't find a blog for) asked me:

~ How did you decide to blog? What does it give you? How do you find the time?


This can mostly be answered by this post I made not too long ago: http://motherhoodandotherriskyendeavors.blogspot.com/2009/02/why-do-i-blog.html

What does it give me? That's tough. I think for anyone who blogs, and therefore makes their thoughts public, there is some weird but satisfying exhibition going on. I'm not sure how to articulate what I get out of sharing my thoughts with the world (or at least with anyone who might be interested in reading about what I think and experience on a day-to-day basis). I've often said that any psychologist worth his salt would probably have a field day with the whole concept of personal blogging. I guess I like the feedback, I like the sense of "community," even if it's from a distance. It often makes me feel validated. It's sort of a way too, of leaving my mark - you know, like saying "Hey, I was here, and this is what I did and what I thought. I mattered."

When do I find the time? I do a lot of my writing in the evening when the kids are asleep. Also, one of the upsides of having so many kids is that they are often engaged with each other with no help from me, so I'm able to find time during the day to blog as well.

Great questions!

No comments: