Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's 9:35 p.m. . . . do you know where YOUR husband is?

Mine is still at work. I kid you not. You know, the one with cancer. The one undergoing chemo and radiation. Yep, he's still at work (or maybe he's on his way home by now; when I talked to him on the phone a few minutes ago, he was on his way out the door) this late. I'm not complaining, not really. He's gotta do what he's gotta do. And really it's not very often that he has to work this late. It just stinks that it's happening (and will probably continue for the next couple of evenings) while he has all the other stuff to deal with. But I guess if he feels up to it, then it's good (although he did say that he's starting to feel run down from the radiation today, which the doctor said would likely happen around week 4, and this is week 4).

Anyway.

So it's been a long day. The kids were unruly, Finn doesn't seem to be feeling 100%, so PT didn't go all that well, and frankly, I'm tired and a little on the bitchy side because I can't for the life of me remember when the last time I got a decent night's sleep (yawn). And getting everyone fed, bathed and to bed all on my own is always a walk on the wild side. Now I have a headache and I should go to bed, but I want to wait up for Michael.

Enough complaining. Positives today:

~ I made my third tutu today and took some really cute pics of the girls.
~ My friend Karyn brought over a huge tureen of homemade chicken soup for Michael as well as cookies for the kids and a bottle of wine.
~ My friend Joanne brought over cupcakes for the kids and a card for Michael.
~ The outpouring of love and support from the people around us makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :)
~ Tomorrow the new carpet is being installed downstairs and that should do it for all the repairs - we can have our basement back!

5 comments:

The Hapa Girl said...

cookies and cupcakes for the kids....hmmm, glad they're yours not mine :P

Eternal Lizdom said...

I really want to know more about these homemade tutus! You must share details!

I think it is great that he is working late. Like you said- if he's feeling up to it... Is his workplace handling the cancer situation well with him?

Jen said...

You are clearly a better parent than me. My kids do NOT get bathed on the nights when one of us grown-ups isn't home. No way. It has to be a team effort or it's a complete disaster.

You and Michael BOTH need some rest. Go to bed early tonight!

Nicole O'Dell said...

WTG all of you! Seriously!

Crittle said...

I need me a Karyn and a Joanne! Those ladies rock.