Monday, November 24, 2008

Writing as punishment

Joey got in trouble yesterday. He and the girls were fighting . . . err, playing, out in the backyard and I heard Joey yell at one of them, "I HATE YOU!!" What?!? That kind of talk doesn't fly around here. So I went down and marched him upstairs and told him he needed to write a whole page for me about why it's wrong to say something like that. Here's what he wrote:

1. It's really mean to say that.
2. It hearts people feelings a lot.
3. You should never say I hate you.
4. You will get in big troble.
5. It's really mean.
6. It's a mean sentance.
7. It will make you cry.
8. You sould say your really really sorry.
9. You will get a punishment.
10. You'll get a spanking.
11. You'll get hot soss on your tung and it will heart.
12. It's mean.
13. You'll have to hug and say sorry.
14. You will get yelled at.
15. You will be sorry.
16. They'll say something mean back.
17. It's not nice at all.
18. They won't like it.
19. You should never say something mean like that.
20. You'll have to write something nice.
21. You'll get something taken away.
22. It's bad.
23. You'll get a timeout.
24. And say that's in troble.

3 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

Oh my! Is the punishment the writing, the hot sauce, the spanking, the yelling or just the guilt? And is the guilt on him or on mom? LOL!

Lisa said...

The punishment was the writing. What's there for me to feel guilt about? I didn't spank him. I didn't yell at him. And I've never done the hot sauce thing, only threatened it. Dh and I were actually laughing about what he wrote because it was so clear that he really had to grasp for things to fill up a whole page ;)

Eternal Lizdom said...

I was being light hearted... sorry if I stepped on a nerve!