Monday, November 17, 2008

Ever feel like you've taken it up the wazoo??

In addition to my adventure at the Social Security office this morning, I discovered today that the person who somehow got ahold of my debit card number last week actually made a bunch of charges that went through before my card was cancelled. Over $500 in unauthorized charges. All made at different gas stations in NEW YORK!! I'm guessing they were just withdrawing cash. I made a fraud claim with my bank and, fortunately, they will credit the money back to my account and investigate. I hope they catch the F-er!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

We just got hit with $1500 in a Pay Pal scheme. Needless to say, it affected paying our mortgage and PayPal is working on fixing it. Apparently we were just one of many others who had the same thing. Ugh, the information age is wonderful and terrible all rolled into one.