Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Why?

Why another blog? That's a good question. It's certainly not because I don't have enough to keep me busy as it is. The truth is, I've become somewhat addicted to blogging (let's not explore the psychology behind that!), and neither of my existing blogs seems like quite the right place to blog about every day stuff. Finnian's Journey is devoted to Finn and Down syndrome, and I'd like to keep it that way, at least for now. I need that place to go to sort through the myriad of feelings I still wrestle with concerning his diagnosis and prognosis, and just to document his progress. My other blog, Diary of a Frazzled Housewife, tends to be on the ranty side and there are things in it that are not fit for public consumption, so it remains a private blog, open only to a few invited readers (whom I trust still like me in spite of all my neurosis). Maybe some day they'll all find a way to merge into one big This is My Life blog, but for now, I feel better compartmentalizing to a degree.

I don't promise excitement or lots of juicy, thought-provoking stuff here. Maybe some, but mostly it'll just be a place to chronicle my chaotic life as a wife and mother of a whole lotta kids :) People often say to me, "I don't know how you do it." Well, stick around, and you'll see how I do it. It ain't easy, it ain't always pretty, and I don't profess to always do it well. But, my kids laugh a whole lot, and I take that as a very good sign.