Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Yes, I actually WOULD like a medal.


So how was your weekend? You know, the loooong holiday weekend we just had? Yeah, that one. Did you enjoy a picnic? A barbecue? Perhaps you got away for a couple of days. Me? I was home with all the kids. By. Myself. For three days, and three nights. Michael got on a plane and flew 3,000 miles away, abandoning me went to Florida to visit family.

Okay, it wasn't so bad. Wait, what am I saying? Yeah, it was bad. Or at least moments of it were bad. I mean, really, the ebb and flow of chaos was no different than any other weekend, it's just that I HAD NO BACKUP.

Anyway.

I did accomplish quite a bit. I went for a walk, took the twins to the dentist, colored my hair (shhhh!!), cleaned bathrooms, did laundry, steamed cleaned carpet (have I mentioned that I clean when I'm stressed?), mopped floors, unplugged a toilet clogged with about a half a roll of toilet paper, dealt with a choking incident, sat outside and ate ice cream sandwiches with the kids, went grocery shopping, and took the kids to the park.

So where's my medal?

1 comment:

NorCalMom said...

You so deserve a medal! All that and no back up, what a woman.