Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Product Review: Exergen Temporal Scanner


I don't usually do product reviews, but I am so in love with this product that I have to rave about it. What is it? It's a thermometer that works by measuring the temperature emitted by the temporal artery in the forehead. It's quick, easy, painless, and completely non-invasive. Just press the button and sweep it across the forehead, and it works on newborns on up to adults. The first time I saw it was at our pediatrician's office. The nurse used it on one of my kids, and I said, "You're kidding, right? That can't be accurate." She tested it against a conventional oral thermometer and came up with the same exact reading. So I bought one for home and it's gotten lots of use, especially over the last week as my kids are all currently taking turns with fevers.

Check it out here: Exergen Temporal Scanner

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so excited -- I hate those stupid ear scans. I'm ordering one right now! Thanks!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that thing just awesome!! Straight out of Star Trek or something! My doctor's office has one and I want one! HA! :)

Mer said...

I got one of these back in April when my oldest had pneumonia. Best invention ever!! Complete lifesaver when all three kids are sick and I don't have the time to disinfect the thermometer all the time.

ashamom said...

Wow! Cool and it's not too expensive either!

Cheryl said...

We just got one of these two weeks ago.Love it!