Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mama Said There'll Be Days Like This . . .

. . . you know, days when you don't feel good and the kids do nothing but screech, complain, and refuse to cooperate. Oh, and demand, demand, demand. Not a "please" or "thank you" anywhere to be found, just "I want! I want! I WANT!" Days when you have to tell them the same thing over and over and OVER until you're SCREAMING because obviously they can't hear you otherwise. Days when you become so frustrated that you say things you quickly regret. Days when you wonder if you're cut out for this whole parenting gig after all. Days that end in tears for everyone. Days you wish you could just do over.

Drinking is underrated, I think. It makes days like this seem all soft and fuzzy.

Ahhh, don't worry, I'm not in any danger of developing a drinking problem. It's just been one of those days.

2 comments:

Carla said...

I hear you, except around here it is mornings that go like that...it is 6:47am and there has been no end to the freakin' drama...too early to drink. Hang in there.

Leigh Anne said...

i find myself getting frustrated more & more with some of these toddler behaviors. Then, I feel bad for feeling frustrated b/c I know she doesn't know any better...but how do I teach her? It;s a big circle for me, lol.