Saturday, October 3, 2009

Oh, to be three

Lilah then . . .

. . . and now. Beautiful girl, isn't she?


I know a lot of people get a little freaked by her birth story. It certainly was a dysfunctional and fairly horrendous labor, but I'm here to say that I am sooooooo glad and thankful that she was born at home with such a loving midwife in attendance. Had I been under the care of an OB and presented at the hospital with a labor like that, I shudder to think about the likely outcome. Interventions galore, at the very least a Pitocin induction, and at the worst (and most likely, I believe), a c-section. And the outcome would have been absolutely no better.

Anyway.

We had a fairly quiet day at home. We had cake after lunch and then Lilah opened her presents.




And then she and Finn went down for their naps. When they woke up mid-afternoon, we decided to make an impromptu trip to the beach. We picked up dinner on the way and had a picnic on the sand. The kids had a blast, and it was a lot of fun.










And then the sun went down . . .


. . . and it was time to go home. And on the way home, Michael landed in the ER. Third time since his surgery in June. Gah!

More on that tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lilah!
She is VERY cute!

Karly said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Lilah! I hope 4 treats you wonderfully.

Carla said...

She is extremely beautiful. I'm glad you had fun...but, the hospital?! Again? Oh no...

Crittle said...

That is one gorgeous girl you've got there. The photos are amazing.