Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Thousand Dollars


Michael asked me today, "If you had a thousand dollars to spend on yourself any way you wanted, what would you do with it?" Because, we have lame conversations like this sometimes.

I can't even think of anything I want that would cost near that amount.

I have (or had) a purse fetish, and there was a time when I would have loved to go into a Coach store with $1,000 to spend. But now? Nah.

Clothes? Hmmm. I have such a love-hate (mostly hate) relationship with my body, the thought of going shopping for decent clothes doesn't really appeal. So probably not.

Jewelry? Michael has bought me some really beautiful things over the years, things I really treasure, but honestly, I'm not a big jewelry person. Certainly not enough so that I would have an itch to go buy myself something.

Perhaps a shopping spree at Barnes & Noble. But really, I don't think I could come close to spending that much money there.

Would a day at the spa getting the full treatment (whatever that is) blow anywhere near $1,000? Well, even if it would, I'm still nursing a baby, so it's not like anything like that is even a possibility in my near future.

It would be really easy for me to spend a grand on the kids . . .

So, I don't know. I'd like to think that this proves that I am a simple, easy-to-please, unmaterialistic girl. But I don't know if that's the truth.

I mean, if we won the lottery and I had, like, millions to spend? I could come up with lots of stuff. Stuff for the family: a big, beautiful, renovated farm house (I don't want a farm, just a farm house . . . don't ask, 'cause I don't know), new cars (nothing fancy, I just want a new Expedition), a nice vacation.

But for me, just me? Just can't think of anything I have a hankering for. Maybe I'm just boring.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa...that cracked me up about the farm house and no farm! That is exactly what I would want. A big, beautiful farm house with a wrap around porch and rocking chairs by the front door. But...scooping manure? No thanks!! HA!!!

Alex and I have the same conversations all the time. Most recently...if you could only have one food for the rest of your life waht would it be. Well...since I smack in the middle of morning sickness...I would have to say Lucky Charms. HA! The only thing that does not ever sound horrendous! HA!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you sound REALLY boring!

ashamom said...

I would like to say F&*% Off to that anonymous there...but I am a nice lady so I won't!!! Ha ha ha

I would so get a velco tri mode jogger, oh I would!!!!

Tricia said...

Its the amount that's the problem....not enough for the big ticket items and too much for the other stuff that women like us don't care about! With only $1000 to spend I'm right there with you - but I DO want the farm along with the house! Oh, wait, I could go for a new saddle too....