Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thanks


I feel like some thanks are in order for all the kind words in response to my Blog Envy post. What a ninny I am. It's nice to be acknowledged. And liked. I wish I didn't care so much!

The truth is (which you've already figured out if you've been reading my blather for any length of time) that my life isn't a gorgeous set of photographs, and I don't write like a poet. My life is messy - always has been. Not that I'd trade it for anyone else's life - no way.

I've been tossing around the idea of writing up something of a summarized biography on an "About Me" page, now that Blogger offers stand-alone pages. But what to include? My husband thinks I already overshare; he says it's a matter of dignity. But I've always been a let-it-all-hang-out-what-you-see-is-what-you-get kind of girl. And I kind of want people who take the time to read this stuff to know where I've been and what I come from. Why I am the way I am. Not that I'm making excuses for my shortcomings - I take responsibility for those. After all, I'm a grown-up with the power to improve myself. But still, we're all the sum of all of our experiences.

Anyway. We'll see where I go with that. Not that it's super exciting or anything. But I've had an interesting life, that's for sure.

But right now, I'm off to the mall with these two clowns to share a smoothie.




1 comment:

The Hapa Girl said...

Stand alone pages! That's so freakin' awesome! See, I do learn a lot from your blog! hehehehe...LOL I really do love your blog!