Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Little Update, Bullet-Style

(or checkmark-style, as the case may be.)

  • Michael's surgery yesterday went off without a hitch, unless you count that it was delayed by two hours. He is doing well, as well as they expect him to be doing at this point. I'm taking a wild stab and guessing he'll probably come home Friday . . . ??
  • I have yet to see him since I dropped him off at the hospital yesterday! Let's just say that various things have stood in my way, including dumb hospital rules, a power outage, and inclement weather.
  • I will see him tomorrow! In the meantime, hopefully he hasn't fallen for some hot nurse over there.
  • This morning went way more smoothly than I could have hoped for. The kids were angels, completely cooperative and efficient, thanks mostly, I think, to the fact that I threatened them within an inch of their lives to the fact that I bribed them to the fact that I am raising rational, well-behaved children who recognize the importance of teamwork. Everyone was fed, dressed, and out the door by 7:30. Is it too much to hope for the same for the next few days?
  • Have you heard about the weather we've been having here? Torrential downpours. Thunder storms. Flash floods. A tornado!! Here in sunny Southern California! It's been a little surreal. Kevin is hoping they will cancel school tomorrow. I told him not to hold his breath.
  • Food! A friend/colleague of Michael's had a TON of food sent to our house yesterday. Meals from Super Suppers! He must have told her how much I hate to cook. Really, though, in all seriousness, I am so touched by the kindness of people.
And that is all for now.

No comments: